Shooting Schedule

This is my Shooting Schedule

Friday 16 July 2010

Quantative Research

We carried out some quantitative research on audience viewing habits and pleasures, the questionnaire was purely yes and no answers.
One of the downsides of this type of research is that I found that because of the very basic answer given being yes or no, it limited the specificity of the results, however a positive is that it did allow reliable straightforward data to analyse.

I realised that this type of research works best with really specific questions to find whether the audience dislike or enjoy something specific, and it still maintains to be a great way to get data which can be generalisable to a larger audience.

Unfortunately this method limits the value of opinion from the audience I'm researching. Also because all questions required a yes/no answer it may have produced superficial results because people cant put anything more to the point such as if they would engage with films differnetly depending on their social, personal situation.

I also forgot to account for male and female sets of data so I wouldnt have mixed up both genders results as well as not specifying age groups, which is something I will have to remember for next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment