Shooting Schedule

This is my Shooting Schedule

Friday 3 December 2010

Shoot 1

The first scene I shot was from about halfway through the film. The shop scene, this was because I wanted to get it done and out of the way as I didn't want to make the owners wait around since I achieved permission awhile ago.
Unfortunately the location was covered in snow - but seeing as I was unsure whether the snow would be staying indefinitely I decided to give it a shot nevertheless. If the snow is here throughout the short film it shouldn't affect the continuity. Thus the next shoots will need to be fairly soon.

The filming went reasonably well, however I discovered a serious flaw - I can't direct very well. I need to voice myself more to gain more control - it seems this concept doesn't come naturally, seeing as I do feel much more comfortable in the editing suite. To improve upon this I'm going to have to make sure I know what I'm doing 100% before I head off to shoot a scene. This way I will be able to take control of the shots with more confidence.

I've decided to change my main actor because of reliability issues in the sense I can work better with the other actor I will use and he is more readily available to film during my time frames. Furthermore he is older and fits the role more accurately in terms of his look. In real life he works as a internet designer, hopefully this will dispel some of the student film affects.

Furthermore throughout the process of the first shoot I felt I rushed myself and the actors - taking too few retakes of each shot and generally not taking my time and getting the best out of myself. To improve in this aspect I have to worry less about taking up too much time and just get the work done to the highest standard I know I can achieve.

I'm going to edit together this scene and post it in the next post, I will go through some feedback so I can progress on where I went wrong and what I need to do to improve. Hopefully this has provided me with a valuable learning experience I can move forward from.

No comments:

Post a Comment